[Solved] Program Crashes while trying to Print

0 comments

[Solved] Program Crashes while trying to Print


I recently encountered a problem while trying to print a PDF file with my Canon LBP 2900 Printer. Whenever I click on the Print icon in a document the Program becomes unresponsive, initially I thought something was wrong with my printer so I have checked all the cables, all the cables were intact. So I tried uninstalling the Printer drivers, surprisingly which I was unable to perform. I am not able to remove the Printer from Devices & Printers. The printer is always in setup state.
I have checked the Print queue, it was empty. The problem was in the Print spooler. I have came up with a solution for this.

Program crashes while trying to Print

I am using Windows 8 in my case. This tutorial should work in most of the Windows Operation systems.
#1. Open Command Prompt with Administrator Privileges.
(Press Windows button point your mouse pointer to the bottom left corner and right click > Command Prompt (Admin).
#2. Type the following Commands:
net stop spooler
The above command stops Print services.
del %systemroot%\System32\spool\printer\* /Q
Which deletes any file/folders in the Printer directory.
net start spooler
The above command starts Print services back.
#3. You should now be able to Print your documents.
Tip: Consider reinstalling your Printer latest drivers.
Share this article :

Post a Comment

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. World Wide News - All Rights Reserved
Site Created by Pratik'S and Abhi Proudly powered by X-Hackers